Monday, November 9, 2009

Trying something new

I wanted pumpkin pie last night. I got out my favorite recipe that tastes the most like regular pie. As I got into making it, I was out of pumpkin pie spice. I was also out of ginger and cloves which I don't like. I looked up what was in allspice. It comes from a berry plant in Jamacia. It is like cinnamon, cloves and black pepper. Interesting.

I loaned out my glass pie pan. It has not been returned yet. The smaller one that I have wouldn't hold all the pie filling. I got out the muffin tin. The whole recipe of filling fit into the 12 cups. After it was cooked, it divided perfectly into 8 servings of a cup and a half each. Very cool. I took one in my lunch today. What a treat.

I love it when I try out new things and it works.

3 comments:

Jo said...

I'm just curious, why do you have plain pie filling with no crust?

sam c.hart jr said...

It is a recipe from Weight Watchers. That way it is only 1 point. Crust adds starch and fat. I am learning I can have a few small treats now that I have had my tooth surgery.

Unknown said...

Cool mom! I'm also getting better at dinners and lunches! Yay for both of us!