Thursday, February 14, 2013

First shots of the Dinosaur quilt

Today I have made 7 of the 9 patch squares. I was curious to see how the parts would look together. The stripe part is just laid together but is close to how the finished square will look. That's how it looks for now.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Color Catchers

I washed the fabrics that I am starting the quilts with. I put in the color catchers so the colors don't run together. I love the color they came out. So glad is not on the other fabrics.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Here we go again

These are the fabrics for the 9 patches and stripes in the next set of quilts.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My Jacket

I have taken a break from quilts for a bit. I decided it was time to use the fabric that Grandma Hart bought last year when she was here at Christmas. It was originally for a skirt and jacket. I already have  brown and black shirts. I thought this piece would make a jacket that would go with both of them. I have not sewed anything for myself in many years. The last thing was probably a nightgown.

I chose this jacket pattern because it had pockets. Neither of  my skirts have pockets. Pockets have become a must these days. As with many other sewing projects I have chosen, they are bigger than I had planned. This one had a lining that I have never done before. My friend, Leah, said it is just like making 2 jackets and putting one inside the other.

When I was a girl sewing for myself you have to adjust the size you measured to the sizes on the pattern. They have fitted that now. so I made this jacket a size smaller than measured. Next time I'll know they have fixed that. I wish it was a size bigger. maybe that could be encouragement to stick to the plan. I still have to hem the back. I think it turned out pretty good.