Tuesday, March 29, 2011

One Quilt Top Done

It has been a long time since I wrote a blog. This picture is back when I was still deciding what 9 patches to put in this quilt. This is the combination I decided on.
This is the 2 quilts together. I was seeing how they would look together. In this picture the red one is sewed together but not the other one.
This is when the whole center section was sewed together.
This is showing the piece I had to put in across the top and the bottom because I was short about 6 inches. I think it looks ok.
This is the striped border with a 9 patch in each corner.

This is the whole top put together. It is a twin size quilt. I am still wondering why it covers the top of my king size bed. I guess it is bedspread size.I am taking time to make an Easter skirt before I start to finish up the other quilt top.

5 comments:

bpetersen said...

Looks soo good! Stacy's girls will LOVE them! I love that you take pictures of every step. I wish I remembered to do that! Are you going to tie it or quilt it?

sam c.hart jr said...

I have never actually done "Real Quilting." Gloria is the "quilter extrodinaire!"

I want to do something like it, though. These quilts are too much work to cover them up with little ties. I have been thinking about quilting with #3 crochet cotton or maybe even machine quilting if I can figure how to fold it so it will fit through my machine. Any suggestions would be welcome.

sam c.hart jr said...

P.S. I would like an invitation to your blog. Love keeping up with you and your family.

Unknown said...

Love the quilt mom! Maybe I should bring mine so we can finish it up!

sam c.hart jr said...

Bring it if you want. You have the long hard part already done. We could finish the top up pretty fast.