Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Folded paper

As a girl I saw my mom fold a piece of paper and make a meal plan on it. She would plan the main dish for a month at a time. I have also used the folded page for the same thing. If you fold it in half the hamburger way 3 times and thirds the hot dog way, you have squares for 4 weeks and an extra column at the end for the next grocery list.

I want to track the time it takes to do this quilt. I have made one for that purpose. I sat it on the chair that is by the door to my sewing room.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

sam c.hart jr said...

I guess I will have to hold the camera straight and not turn it. The paper is skiwumpus!

bpetersen said...

:) I loved hearing this is how Grandma used to plan meals. I've been trying really hard to cook more at home and plan meals. I'll have to give this a try. I especially love that there is room for a grocery list. This is cheap and easy!

Also, I love the quilting updates! I really wish I had time to visit with you and learn how to quilt by hand. That is definitely something I could enjoy. Maybe after I graduate! :)