Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Fun Saturday in the Back Country

On Saturday March 3, 2012 we went for a ride up the 5 freeway to the Lockwood Valley highway. It was a beautiful day. It was really warm also. Here are a few pictures of the day.


We remembered the beach chairs. Jeff sat there and just plinked away for more than an hour.I sat in the shade of the Jeep knitting with my big earphones on and my music going while Jeffrey did his target practice. I was able to balance everything on my lap and chair. There is a cup-holder at the end of the arm chair. The bottom of the cone in the yarn fit in it just perfectly so that it would not fall off into the dirt. I was really set.

I had packed us a dinner. We sat down and eat just before we left to start home. There were some kids (age 25ish) up there riding motor bikes and shooting a little too. They were kind enough to take this picture. We went the rest of the way across to Ojai, then down the 101 home.There isn't much room in the back of the Jeep. It all barely fit in there. Jeffrey finished off another bowling pin. He still has quite a few. They are still his favorite targets.
It was a fun day. The weather was beautiful. It was fun to be out in nature together enjoying the things we like to do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh mom, you guys are so cute! Loved the blog! :)