Thursday, July 19, 2012

Letter Writing

In General Conference I heard one of the speakers say that a real letter, handwritten, is a true gift and something that you can hold in your hand. That is so true.
I remember letters from my life
I wrote letters to the missionaries from our ward when it was the boys my age on missions.
 I loved letters when I was away from home Thinderella, Rexburg, San Antonio, Tacoma.
   I don't remember exactly when it was but I noticed a difference in the way it felt to get a letter that was written on a word processor instead of hand written. I loved getting all the information and news from home. It was not as personal when the only writing on it was the signature.
I wrote letter to Stevens on his mission.
When we moved to  California I wrote letters home on the computer. At first I wrote a letter to each family. Than I started writing the letters to both families. I really love to get letters from home too. Mama wrote about once a week. Loved getting letters from Mama most weeks.
 I wrote Gloria on her mission wrote home every week, It helped me in ways that I didn't realize it would. It helped me to look for the positive things and look for inspiring messages.
 I wrote every week to Scott on his mission in North Carolina. We even got 1 or 2 emails from him people sent from the field.
I wrote to Alex on his mission in Italy. Half way through he started doing email. I really looked forward to the day and time they would show up in my inbox but I missed getting the letters from the mailbox.

   Now once again I have important people to write real letters. I am writing real letters to Katie. I am showing her that I can be her friend without being on Facebook. I send her real letters. I love it when she writes back. I can also send letters to my other grandchildren.  I am also writing to Grandma Hart. I am also writing to Joshua Cadden on his mission. Right now he is in the MTC in Provo. the middle of August he will go to Santiago Chile, Michael Hart, Troy's son is on his mission in Las Vegas Nevada West Mission. I have written him too. He is in the area where I was born, near Nellis Air Force base.

I love to write letters and get them too.

No comments: