Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My Jacket

I have taken a break from quilts for a bit. I decided it was time to use the fabric that Grandma Hart bought last year when she was here at Christmas. It was originally for a skirt and jacket. I already have  brown and black shirts. I thought this piece would make a jacket that would go with both of them. I have not sewed anything for myself in many years. The last thing was probably a nightgown.

I chose this jacket pattern because it had pockets. Neither of  my skirts have pockets. Pockets have become a must these days. As with many other sewing projects I have chosen, they are bigger than I had planned. This one had a lining that I have never done before. My friend, Leah, said it is just like making 2 jackets and putting one inside the other.

When I was a girl sewing for myself you have to adjust the size you measured to the sizes on the pattern. They have fitted that now. so I made this jacket a size smaller than measured. Next time I'll know they have fixed that. I wish it was a size bigger. maybe that could be encouragement to stick to the plan. I still have to hem the back. I think it turned out pretty good.

1 comment:

Christine said...

That looks great! I'm impressed.