Monday, March 11, 2013

Paiute Trail Adventure

I know this post is out of order. It should go right after the one where there are bottles of apples sitting on the cupboard. Some how I downloaded the pictures and then forgot to make the blog. I was going to clean out my downloads this morning and found them. so here goes.

When we were in Utah for Labor day, we stopped at the Purple Turtle to see Steven. He invited us to come up to the Paiute Trail camp they were going on. He said there were cabins. The whole family was going to be there. He and his family were taking their trailer. Amy's family was renting a cottage that was there. Gloria and her family were coming too. Sounded like a family reunion to me. Jeff was about to take 2 days off, so we went for the major part of the week. October 11-14.

We left home on October 11, 2012. It was a longer drive than we thought. We called ahead the they taped our key to the cabin on the door of the office. took a bit to find but we did. 
rained most of the day Friday. not in the afternoon. rode with Steven. Beautiful day Saturday. We all ate together. We  took most of the fruit. So Cal does that well.


Entrance to Lizzie and Charlie's

Gloria, Steven and I

Jeffrey and I
It was raining the first morning we were there. I gathered all the children and did some "Bees" finger play and Jumbo Elephant song. We also read a few stories. It was great.

James, Marjorie, Jeffrey, Steven, Breanna and Gloria

Toys and trucks

The eating area

Amy, Gloria and Steven in front of the cottage of the Gray family

Jeff and I in the 4 wheeler

pumpkin painting


Our cabin The white you can see is just canvas covering the boards that are inside.
Inside
The only heat vent
It was quite cold at night at least for me. It was about 35 to 38 degrees over night. If I slept in the line of the heat vent I was able to stay warm enough to sleep with a sleeping bag unzipped covering the quilts that were on the bed.
Entry and the table
This picture was taken very early in the morning showing the cracks between the boards. The only thing between us and the outside were those boards and the canvas on the outside

Chelsea and Myah 

Brittani and the girls

It was a GREAT trip! Such good times! We would love to do it again.

1 comment:

The Smith Family said...

So fun! This is always my favorite trip and I was so sad we couldn't be there! I doubt we'll be there again this year :(