Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008


Our family moved to California in July of 1987. That is 22 Christmases ago. This year for the first time, we went back to Utah for Christmas Holiday. On the way up, Jeff thought there would be bad roads at some point and he drove all the way. The days we traveled were both sunny and clear. The days we were there it snowed. We had to buy a scrapper for the car and gloves for me.

I knitted most of the way. When it got dark I figured out a way to knit with my cell phone plugged into the car with the cord around the back of my neck. There is a little flashling on the top of it. That was my light and I was able to knit all the way. I also did it on the way home. As near as I can count, I have made 12 dishrags this season. I used the one I gave Alex at his house and it was great. I am thinking about making all my gifts for next Christmas. We'll see about that.

The weather was cold and snowy. It was so warm and cozy to be near family. It was fun to be there for Aaron's first Christmas. He was so cute and loved to "eat" the blocks. We also have a new family tradition, going out to the Japanese restaurant for Christmas dinner. There was another family dinner at Marjorie's too. We had a little visit with Steven and part of his family. Austin's wife had their baby Dec. 23rd . We only got to see Gloria for a few minutes. Her family was sick over that weekend.

This Holiday was full of family, travel, and renewing family ties. It was good to go and good to be home. We are thankful to the Lord for his bounteous blessings.We know that Jesus Christ is the reason for the season and His atoning sacrifice is the best gift of all


1 comment:

Lisa said...

I am so glad you were able to go see your family with wonderful weather! And such creativity with the flashlight on the cell phone! I know you didn't want to miss Aaron's first Xmas! Can't wait to hear all about it on Monday!