Thursday, July 28, 2011

July Trip 2011

I made a trip to Utah this summer to spend some time with family. It was over the American Fork town celebration, Steel Days. There was a small quilt show in the Senior Center there. It had a lot of creative quilts. I also saw the type of quilting I want to do on the ones I am working on now, larger stitches and crochet cotton. There was also a class reunion for American Fork High Class of 1971. I was glad for the senior pictures on the name tags so I knew who I was talking with. This is my picture. Boy that is a lot of big hair going on.

I was able to see Breanna in the dress I had made for her pioneer trek. The store set aside a child size 12 pattern. It was supposed to be a misses size 12. Luckily Gloria was able to trim the inside sleeve seam and add a ruffle at the bottom. They just let the sleeves be short. It was fun to make. glad Breanna could wear it in spite of the mistake.
Here are my favorite pictures of Sean and Aaron on the days I went to play with them in the morning



Breanna and I went and played miniature golf. The picture shows where Breanna hit her first ball so that it stopped on the top of that curve. It just sat there until she hit it again. Once in a lifetime?

After one round of miniature golf, it was hot and humid. We wanted to do something inside. I suggested bowling. Breanna was in flip-flops. We stopped at Walmart on the way to the bowling alley for socks. We played 3 games. We got better with each game. Love those bumpers!

There was a birthday party for Aaron and Sean on Sunday morning the day between their birthdays. Sean was 1 on July 9 and Aaron was 3 on July 11. This is some of the fun playing with the presents. Brittani Petersen hosted a family party at her house July 10 2011. Everyone from Utah was there. It was noted that we were all descendants of Daniel Cutler and Ida Smith. The day before was Daniel's birthday. He would have been 103 years old. There is a grandson, Austin Daniel Cobbley, with that birthday also. He was 21. There is also a great grandson, Sean Sorensen Hart with that birthday. He turned 1.
Gloria took some time off and we got to spend Tuesday together. We went and saw the movie, 17 Miracles, and then did some shopping. It was fun to spend time together. It was a good trip. So glad I could go.
I would like to give a big Thank You to Brittani for offering to loan me a car while I was there. It made it possible for me to get the places I needed to be on my own. Thanks Brittani!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good Blog mom! Love the pictures!