Friday, October 15, 2010

Showing Progress Again

I am learning so much by doing this blogging. I had 2 files of pictures I wanted to put together. When I was copying them, some of them had the same number. ('scuse me, I need help over here!) Jeffrey showed me how to put a little"a" after the number and they all transferred just fine. Now all the pictures from this quilt project are in the same file. Now I can update my blog much easier.
I put the pictures together once and at the very end figured out how to get them side by side. I didn't see a delete bottun, so I logged off and on again. When I started over I put "Again" in the title so they would be different from each other. Hopefully the first try is gone.
This picture is to show the sets of blocks that will go in the planned quilts. They are sitting on the background fabrics. The sets of blocks sitting on the table are the extra ones being made at the same time. They will be for future quilt projects.

With so many different sets of blocks, I was having trouble keeping track of how many were in each pile. I put the number on a post-it note and then on a tissue so the sticky from the note would not get on the quilt block. This has really helped me keep track of where I am in the project. This is quilt 1.

These are the extra blocks.
At the right, are the ones for quilt 2.








Each quilt needs 26 9-patch blocks and 32 stripe blocks. I put that on a note too so I didn't have to keep looking it up.




After I had been sewing awhile and had several block done. I was curious to see how the first row of each quilt will turn out. I laid them together just to see what it would look like.














I am still learning how to put this blog together. One of these days I will get it figured out. I have learned that you have to plan the pictures you are going to put on because they go on from the bottom up. Tonight I got them to go on side by side after changing the position. Now if I can just get the ones across from each other to be on the same level that will be another thing I have learned.
I am now down to figuring out how many more I need of each block and cutting just the right number of 8 inch strips into blocks to finish up. There might be a tiny light at the end of the tunnel of these blocks. Back to the sewing machine and ironing board.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't worry mom I'll give you some help over here :)Adding to the list. :D Quilt looks great! Loveyou

Lisa said...

Great job! (Would you stop having so much fun...) Miss you!