Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My Birthday Train Ride

We are at the Irvine Train station the morning of September 15 for our train ride down to San Diego. I told Jeffrey that is what I wanted for my birthday several months before. During the week i found out there was a quilt show at the San Diego Convention center. So that turned into our destination.  That made a great trip!

 This is the walkway to get from one track to another. There are either stairs by the oodles or elevators.
The inside of the train looked alot like an airplane. There were no doors on the overhead storage. There was a lot more room and there were no seat belts. Jeff and I both kept looking for them and trying to do them up.
 The only seats left when we got on were right behind a wall with no window at our seats. This was our view for several stops. The man in front of us got off and we moved up.

 This was our view after me moved.
Ocean waves out our window
Another view
Favorites from the quilt show
Love the colors in this one
This is so good. I think it is one of my most favorites of the whole show. So appropriate for our house.

Love how the placement  the colors makes this quilt look so 3 dimensional. I want to make one like this one day.

Love the colors in this one! I got a couple of kits to make boy quits. I will blog about those as I do them.

Crossing the street to catch the trolley back to the train station.

Crossing the street

Dinner at the train station before we head home.

train station from the outside

The plaza outside. It was nice to sit in the shade. It was a very hot day! There was no air conditioning in the station. The trolley is in the background. It is called the green line but the train is bright red.

Sunset on the way home

Happy to be riding not driving

Happy smile after a wonderful day

When we got back to the Irvine station, there was a little lady that came back on the same train with us. She had ridden down to celebrate her grandson's birthday. When e got to the parking structure we were able to help her find her car. She was a sweet little lady.



Just as we walked in the door Curtis called to remind me of the BYU-Utah game. I immediately went and got on my jersey. I took my knitting up and finished one rag and got 1/3 of another one done while watching that game and the unbelievable ending.

It was a wonderful day start to finish! Thank you Jeffrey for  such a wonderful gift.

















No comments: