Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The quilt is done

Last night about 11:30 I finished the quilting on this one. You can see all the stitching from the back side. That is the reason for this picture. It amazes me how straight, neat and orderly everything looks from the back.

This is the front side. All that needs to be done is turn the back over onto the edges of the front for the binding. I also need to make of have someone make labels for the quilts. I want the labels to say Lovingly handmade for Katie or Kourtney by Grandma Hart. Then a date with month and year. I finished Katie's quilt just before Valentine's day. so that one will be February 2012. Kourtney's will be September 2012. It only took 7 months. Not bad I think.
Now I am ready to go pick fabrics for Aaron and Sean's quilts. Jeff and I are riding the train to San Diego Saturday to the quilt show there. That is also part of my birthday celebration. I am so blessed!

No comments: