Saturday, September 24, 2011

I know how to quilt now!

My mom always said that you didn't know how to sew until you knew how to unpick. Well last night for the first time I had to unpick one of the borders. I was so excited to start the borders on the opposite side of the quilt. I was also excited about finding the BYU football game being rebroadcast on BYU TV. We went to the empty nesters party and missed most for the game. As I was getting started, there was a lot of excitement, a touchdown by central Florida and a 92 kick-off return by BYU for a touchdown. I guess I was not watching the quilt very closely and started the quilting on border 2 and 3 instead of 1 and 2. I pulled the stitches out. If you look very closely in the strip of pink flower fabric at the seam line you will see where the stitches were that I had to take out. I don't know that you will see all of them. They go onto the green and it might be too light to see. The pins you can see are set in the right place to start the row over again in the right place.
I have now pulled out quilting, so I know how to quilt now.

No comments: