Monday, September 19, 2011

Progress Update 9-19-2011

I made this template so that the quilting on all the squares would be the same. It fits in the center blocks and the outside triangles shown in the next 3 pictures


This is the stencil for the outer most borders. It fits perfectly and even has a corner pattern.This is the stencil I thought would do for the triple border. Turns out that it works better doing one pass with 2 stripes and one offset pass with a stripe and part of the quit center.

Work in progress. I had to change to a lighter weight thread. It was almost impossible to pull the needle thru the quilt. They didn't have it in the darker color so the color is lighter too. It goes so much faster with the thinner thread.
This is the top side that I worked on for 3 hours tonight.
This is the underside of the same picture. You can see the work better from the bottom.

2 comments:

bpetersen said...

Aunt Robin, these quilts are gorgeous! I wouldn't even know where to start to quilt like this. They are beautiful and I know you grandkids will LOVE them!

The Smith Family said...

This is amazing...what talent. No way do I envy all of that work!